Pecos Pickleball Club
We are the Pecos Pickleball Club and play at the Pecos Community Center in Ahwatukee (Phoenix), AZ. Our hours are 9:00-12:30 pm Mondays and Wednesdays, and 10:30-12:30 pm on Fridays. We play in the Gym using 3 indoor courts year round and outdoors on the tennis courts when indoor courts become crowded and weather permits. We are located at 17010 S. 48th St. Phoenix, AZ 85048.
Play is also available at the Tempe YMCA starting August 14th on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:00-1:00 pm and from 11:00-1:00 pm on Sundays. You must be a member of the YMCA or pay a daily fee of $10.00. The YMCA is located at 7070 S0uth Rural Road, Tempe AZ.
The Pecos Pickleball Club (PPC) will promote the game of pickleball to area residents and visitors; provide competitive, social, and fun pickleball activities for all ages and playing levels; and encourage good sportsmanship, camaraderie, and development of the sport of pickleball through training and participation.
The mission will be accomplished by:
- Supporting community organizations through volunteerism activities as representatives of the PPC.
- Encouraging individual membership in the USA Pickleball Association.
- Sponsoring and/or supporting sanctioned and unsanctioned tournaments.
2nd Annual Pecos Pickleball Club Dink Event
Event will be held November 3rd starting at 5 pm for warm up and the event starts at 6 pm.
- Register via email (If you want to play, please send email to Steve Manolis)
- Open to all club members on a first come/first serve basis….by email response
- We are limiting number of players to the first 16 men and first 16 women
- We will have prizes for everyone as well as a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and last place teams prize.
- Play format will be continuous ladder format, (your team wins you move up to a higher level court, your team loses you move down)
- Top three teams will be determined by points won.
- There will be a blind draw for partners, all teams will be mixed doubles…Club will provide small snacks and water.
Note: This open to Pecos Pickleball Club members only.
Club members receive a 5% discount when purchasing merchandise online from Pickleball Central. Members can contact Mark Merrill to obtain the Club discount code. As a bonus for the Club, every time a member uses the Club’s discount code, 5% of their purchase amount is credited to the Club’s Reward Account. A gift card for the value accrued each year is sent each January to the Club representative to be used by the Club towards purchases of anything sold by Pickleball Central.
Pecos Pickleball Club Members Bring Home Gold
Congratulations to Chris Kamper and Bob Ham, on July 18th, 2017, as they battled their way to become Gold Medal winners at the Prescott Pickleball Roundup Men’s Doubles division 3.0 over-60. Chris and Bob had a first-round bye then proceeded to win their next two matches (2 games to 0).
You can read the story in the Pecos Park Pickleball.
Battle of the Paddle III
The Pecos Pickleball Club was pleased to present the Battle of the Paddle III, an outdoor pickleball tournament held at the Pecos Community Center on Dec 8th – Dec 10th, 2016.
Our Sponsors Were
Pecos Pickleball Summer Camp
The Pecos Community Center hosted a pickleball summer camp for junior players on June 27th – July 1st, 2016. This was organized and setup by Dutch with volunteers from our own Pecos Pickleball Club.
Click Here for pictures.
Thank You From The Kids
Pecos Pickleball Club T-Shirts
Order your Pecos Pickleball Club T-Shirt. The T-Shirts come in styles for men and women with a logo printed on the t-shirt.
To order please Click Here.
If you have not joined the Pecos Pickleball Club, why not join up now. Just Click Here for the application form.